The BMW Dallas Marathon begins and ends in Downtown Dallas at the corner of Young St. and Akard St. (Dallas City Hall Plaza). Spectators will have access to many surface parking lots during race weekend that are within walking distance to the Health & Fitness Expo, start & finish line and post-race party area. However, we strongly recommend taking DART to avoid parking delays.
Runners and spectators can easily travel to the BMW Dallas Marathon Health & Fitness Expo, the start & finish line and throughout the run course via DART Rail ($5.00).
- from the North/Northeast, using the Red Line
- from the North, using the Green Line
- from Irving, using the Orange Line
- from the South, using the Red, Blue, or Green Lines
Stations close to event venues:
- Convention Center Station: DCC, start & finish line and relay buses
- Union Station: Relay buses, Omni Hotel
Stations close to marathon course for spectator viewing:
- Mockingbird Station (near mile 7)
- White Rock Station (near mile 14.5)
Key Departure Stations
Plano (near Parker Road & Central Expressway/Hwy 75):
- First train leaves at: 4:21 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 am: 5
- Travel time to West End: 44 minutes
North Carrollton (near G. Bush Turnpike & I-35):
- First train leaves at: 4:19 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 am: 6
- Travel time to West End: 41 minutes
Irving Convention Center (near HW 114 & W. Northwest Hwy.):
- First train leaves at: 5:19 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 am: 4
- Travel time to West End: 33 minutes
When you arrive at your departure station, purchase a “Local Day Pass” from a ticket vending machine (some stations accept credit cards, most only accept cash), good for round-trip service all day. For help figuring out the most convenient route, call DART at 214-979-1111 or visit Dart.org. Plan to arrive at your local station no later than 6:30 a.m. since the DART trains will fill up fast.
To view DART stations and rail lines to the Convention Center, click here: DART Rail System Map.
Dallas City Hall Plaza Map
The BMW Dallas Marathon, Half Marathon & SMU Cox School of Business Relay will start and end at the intersection of Young St. and Akard St. (Dallas City Hall Plaza). The official start time is 8:10am and will consist of four separate corral starts.
Click map for printable version
Live Television Broadcast
The 2017 BMW Dallas Marathon, Half Marathon & SMU Cox School of Business Relay will be broadcast locally live on ABC WFAA-TV (Channel 8) from 8am to 11am on Sunday, December 10, 2017. The race’s Channel 8 live broadcast will feature three hours of high-definition television programming from the 47th running of the BMW Dallas Marathon, including on-air talent, analysis and commentary from notable running experts, and more.
Race coverage was also streamed live at WFAA.com.