BMW DALLAS MARATHON 12.10.17
The BMW Dallas Marathon begins and ends in Downtown Dallas at the corner of Young St. and Griffin St. Runners will have access to many parking garages and surface parking lots during race weekend that are within walking distance to the Health & Fitness Expo, start/finish line and post-race party area. However, we strongly recommend taking DART or Uber on race day to avoid parking delays.
Runners and spectators can easily travel to the BMW Dallas Marathon Health and Fitness Expo, the start and finish line and throughout the run course via DART Rail ($5.00).
- from the North/Northeast, using the Red Line
- from the North, using the Green Line
- from Irving, using the Orange Line
- from the South, using the Red, Blue, or Green Lines
Stations close to event venues:
- West End Station: closest station to the start line
- Convention Center Station: DCC, finish line and relay buses
- Union Station: Relay buses, DCC and finish line
Stations close to marathon course for spectator viewing:
- Mockingbird Station
- White Rock Station
Key Departure Stations
Plano (near Parker Road & Central Expressway/Hwy 75):
- First train leaves at: 4:21 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 am: 5
- Travel time to West End: 44 minutes
North Carrollton (near G. Bush Turnpike & I-35):
- First train leaves at: 4:19 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 am: 6
- Travel time to West End: 41 minutes
Irving Convention Center (near HW 114 & W. Northwest Hwy.):
- First train leaves at: 5:19 a.m.
- Departures before 7:00 am: 4
- Travel time to West End: 33 minutes
When you arrive at your departure station, purchase a “Local Day Pass” from a ticket vending machine (some stations accept credit cards, most only accept cash), good for round-trip service all day. For help figuring out the most convenient route, call DART at 214-979-1111 or visit www.dart.org. Plan to arrive at your local station no later than 6:30 a.m. since the DART trains will fill up fast.
To view DART stations and rail lines to the Convention Center, click here: DART Rail System Map