BMW DALLAS MARATHON 12.10.17
SMU Cox School of Business Relay
|Date:||Sunday, December 10, 2017|
|Distance:||5 Legs Totaling 26.2 Miles|
The concept is simple and a lot of fun: a marathon relay, run by teams of runners. This race is perfect for team building or to serve as a corporate outing! SMU Cox School of Business relay teams, consisting of five individuals, collectively run the full marathon course (26.2 miles total).
- Relay Leg Locations and Length – Click here to view the relay locations and lengths of each relay leg.
- Course Map/Elevation Chart/Turn-By-Turn Directions (includes relay exchange points) – Click here to view the the relay course map.
* The Dallas Marathon reserves the right to change the course as needed prior to race date.
Remote Bus Transportation
Complimentary bus service is available to and from each relay exchange point for relay participants. Buses will pick-up and drop-off runners near the Base of Reunion Tower on Hotel St. Visit the Info Booth at the Health & Fitness Expo for questions.
|ARRIVE AT HOTEL ST. BOARDING AREA AT:||BUS BOARDING TIME:||BUS TAKES YOU TO:||BUS PICKS YOU UP AT:||LAST PICK UP TIME:|
6:45 a.m. – 7:30a.m.
7:15 a.m. – 8:05a.m.
7:35 a.m. – 8:20a.m.
|5||7:50 a.m.||8:05 a.m. – 8:50a.m.||EXCHANGE 4|
Course close: 2:30 p.m.
5-Person Relay Legs & Distances
Each relay team consists of 5 members who each run 4.25-6.25 miles.
Rules & Time Limit
In accordance with the guidelines issued by USA Track & Field and Wheelchair Sports USA, only runners, walkers and wheelchair participants will be allowed on the course. See the official rules for a complete list of course guidelines. The time limit for participating relay teams is 6.5 hours. There is no age limit for the relay.
- Participant Shirt – choice of soft cotton blend t-shirt or tank top
- 2017 Finisher Item – long-sleeve performance blend shirt
- Finisher’s medallion
- 26.2 miles of entertainment
- Admission to Post-Race Party featuring live music and complimentary Coors Light (21+)
- Ability to support a great cause, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, our primary beneficiary!
*All members of finishing relay teams receive commemorative medals. Relay finisher medals will be provided at each exchange point once a team member finishers his/her leg. Finisher items will be distributed together in the Gear Check area and any one team member may pick them up after completing his/her leg.
Team Registration Dates
- May 1st – May 31st (Spring) – $299
- June 1st – August 31st (Summer) – $399
Register your team today by clicking HERE!
Learn more about the SMU Cox School of Business Relay: FAQ’s.